Limited supply prompts water theft
Ivany Atina Arbi and Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
While the city’s water company strives to provide clean water for all residents, illegal use of groundwater is prevalent in Jakarta, with violators including high-rise buildings.
Amrta Institute for Water Literacy director Nila Ardhianie said the lack of water pipe networks in the city had prompted high-rise buildings in Jakarta to illegally suck up groundwater by constructing their own ...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls