Domestic helper accused of making up robbery story at employer's house
The Jakarta Post
A domestic worker has been accused of making up a robbery scenario at her employers house in Pondok Kelapa, Duren Sawit, East Jakarta.
The worker, identified only as H, 38, allegedly took her employers jewelry and hid it in a storage room at the house, before screaming for help, claiming that there were two people pointing a gun at her.
The employer came, called the police and asked the helper to hide in a room while waiting for help to come.
However, when the police arrived at the scene, they did not find anything suspicious.
After questioning the helper at Duren Sawit district police station, the helper, who has worked at the house for four years, admitted that she was the one who took the jewelry.
“It [the robbery] was made up. She has been declared a suspect,” East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Tony Surya Putra said on Friday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse