Tax office: 7.3m taxpayers have filed annual reports
Marchio Irfan Gorbiano
The Jakarta Post
The Taxation Directorate General had collected annual tax returns (SPT) from 7.3 million people as of Thursday, 52.14 percent out of this year’s 14 million target.
Tax office spokesman Hestu Yoga Saksama said the latest figure was up by around 20 percent from the same period last year.
He added that up to 80 percent of taxpayers had filed their SPT through the tax authority’s online e-filing system.
The annual SPT filing deadline for individuals falls on March 31, while institutional taxpayers are expected to file their SPT before the April 30 deadline.
Hestu said the tax office had learned from past glitches in the e-filing service, which had prompted the tax office to extend the SPT filing deadline.
“We’ve improved the internet bandwidth and our server capacity,” said Hestu in Jakarta on Friday.
Hestu said the tax office expected large entries of SPTs on the March 31 deadline. (bbn)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week