Airport trains now run faster, more frequently
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The popular airport train is set to run more often and with shorter traveling times starting on Thursday.
Airport train operator PT Railink is set to increase the trip frequency to every 30 minutes with a traveling time of 46 minutes from the BNI City train station – also known as Sudirman Baru Station – in Central Jakarta to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten.
Previously, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi had pledged to cut the travel time to 38 minutes from the current 55 minutes.
Railink president director Heru Kuswanto advised passengers to check the new schedule before taking the train.
Meanwhile, PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia (KCI) will increase the number of cars on some trains on the Duri–Tangerang route.
Two trains will now have 12 cars, while the other two will still have eight.
“We are adding the cars to support the operation of the airport train,” said KCI operational and marketing director Subakir, according to a statement received on Wednesday.
Station platforms had been adjusted to accommodate 12 cars, Subakir added.
On Thursday, the Duri-Tangerang route will operate according to the 2017 train schedule (Gapeka) with 80 trips per day from the earlier 90 trips.
Services from Tangerang station run from 3:55 a.m. to 11:20 p.m., while trains in the opposite direction from Duri operate from 4:45 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta