Reputable traders to get tax refund after just one month
The Jakarta Post
The government has shortened the processing time for tax refunds to just one month from the previous duration of up to two years, but says the faster process is only for reputable traders.
“Previously, the tax refund process took up to two years, but […] we will shorten it to only one month at the longest,” Fajar Doni, the Finance Ministry’s technical affairs and customs director, said on Tuesday, as reported by kompas.com.
The tax refund is a payment from the government to taxpayers for overpaid taxes.
Reputable traders, according to the Directorate General of Customs and Excise, are those who have demonstrated a high degree of compliance with customs and excise regulations. They are currently grouped in the customs office’s main partners (MITA) and the authorized economic operators (AEO).
The customs office had outlined a number of criteria for traders to be listed as MITA and to obtain AEO certificates, including never having been involved in tax evasion or violations of customs and excise regulations, Fajar added.
As of March 23, 301 companies were listed as MITA and 75 were holding AEO certificates, Fajar said, adding that his office had explained the new tax refund policy to Director General of Taxation Robert Pakpahan.
The tax office would elaborate on the technical process for the tax refund, Fajar added, speaking in Bogor, West Java. (bbn)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- Transjakarta bus crashes to avoid hitting street sweeper