Bootleg liquor factory hidden under gazebo uncovered
The Jakarta Post
A factory producing oplosan (bootleg liquor), which has caused the deaths of at least 58 people, has been found located inside the house of a suspect, identified only as SS, on Jl. Raya By Pass in Cicalengka, Bandung regency, West Java.
West Java Police chief Insp.Gen. Agung Budi Marwoto said the factory, which was located in the basement of the house, could produce 10 boxes of bootleg liquor every day. Each box contains 24 600 milliliter bottles.
“We have named two suspects. JS, who sold the bootleg liquor, and HM, the wife of SS, who was also involved in the production and distribution of the alcoholic beverages. We have also put seven people, who acted as distributors of the beverages, on our most wanted list [DPO],” said Agung on Thursday.
(Read also: Police vow to stamp out bootleg liquor by Ramadhan)
SS, the owner of the house who has not yet been arrested, hid the entrance access to the production facility under a gazebo beside a swimming pool.
“[...] there are exhaust fans on the wall of the factory although they cannot be seen from outside. These were used to protect the workers from alcohol vapor, which is dangerous,” said Agung.
Inside the factory, SS, with help from three others who are still on the lose, produced the bootleg liquor. They used mineral water, energy drinks, color additives and pure alcohol that could be easily obtained on the market.
The police have arrested six suspects in the bootleg liquor case in West Java. (ebf)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says