Police continue investigation into Danarto’s death
The Jakarta Post
South Tangerang Police have decided to launch an investigation into Surya Lesmana, the motorcycle driver who allegedly hit renowned writer Danarto, 77, while he was crossing a road in Ciputat, South Tangerang, on Tuesday.
“We will start the investigation soon,” South Tangerang Police traffic department chief Lalu Hedwin said on Wednesday.
Lalu said the police would investigate Surya’s condition at the time of the accident to see whether he was under the influence of any drugs. The police will also question witnesses who saw the accident.
“We have only questioned two witnesses so far,” Lalu said.
Surya allegedly hit Danarto with his motorcycle on Tuesday afternoon at 1.30 p.m. in Ciputat. He was reportedly driving 60 km/hour.
Lalu said that Surya had brought Danarto to Syarif Hidayatullah Hospital in Ciputat immediately after the accident. Danarto was transferred to and treated at Fatmawati Hospital in South Jakarta, but died after 4.5 hours of treatment.
Danarto’s sister Srimurni said the family had decided not to press charges against Surya. “We just want the late Danarto to be forgiven for all his sins and mistakes he made in his life,” she said on Wednesday. (ami)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says