Traffic accident claims 'ojek' driver’s life
The Jakarta Post
An ojek (motorcycle taxi) driver, Abdul Latif, died after being hit by a car on Jl. Yos Sudarso in Plumpang, North Jakarta, on Wednesday evening.
According to the North Jakarta traffic police, the car hit the ojek after overtaking a container truck.
Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto, the chief of the North Jakarta traffic police, said the accident occurred because of a lack of concentration by the driver of the car.
Abdul died instantly on the scene as he suffered severe injuries.
His body was taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital in Central Jakarta.
The police are still questioning witnesses.
Previously, another ojek driver was badly injured after being hit by a BMW car driven by a woman named Tiara Ayu Fauziah in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Monday.
The police said Tiara was under the influence of alcohol while driving the car. (cal)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion