Traffic accident claims 'ojek' driver’s life
The Jakarta Post
An ojek (motorcycle taxi) driver, Abdul Latif, died after being hit by a car on Jl. Yos Sudarso in Plumpang, North Jakarta, on Wednesday evening.
According to the North Jakarta traffic police, the car hit the ojek after overtaking a container truck.
Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto, the chief of the North Jakarta traffic police, said the accident occurred because of a lack of concentration by the driver of the car.
Abdul died instantly on the scene as he suffered severe injuries.
His body was taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital in Central Jakarta.
The police are still questioning witnesses.
Previously, another ojek driver was badly injured after being hit by a BMW car driven by a woman named Tiara Ayu Fauziah in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Monday.
The police said Tiara was under the influence of alcohol while driving the car. (cal)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says