Traffic accident claims 'ojek' driver’s life
The Jakarta Post
An ojek (motorcycle taxi) driver, Abdul Latif, died after being hit by a car on Jl. Yos Sudarso in Plumpang, North Jakarta, on Wednesday evening.
According to the North Jakarta traffic police, the car hit the ojek after overtaking a container truck.
Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto, the chief of the North Jakarta traffic police, said the accident occurred because of a lack of concentration by the driver of the car.
Abdul died instantly on the scene as he suffered severe injuries.
His body was taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital in Central Jakarta.
The police are still questioning witnesses.
Previously, another ojek driver was badly injured after being hit by a BMW car driven by a woman named Tiara Ayu Fauziah in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Monday.
The police said Tiara was under the influence of alcohol while driving the car. (cal)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta