Traffic accident claims 'ojek' driver’s life
The Jakarta Post
An ojek (motorcycle taxi) driver, Abdul Latif, died after being hit by a car on Jl. Yos Sudarso in Plumpang, North Jakarta, on Wednesday evening.
According to the North Jakarta traffic police, the car hit the ojek after overtaking a container truck.
Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto, the chief of the North Jakarta traffic police, said the accident occurred because of a lack of concentration by the driver of the car.
Abdul died instantly on the scene as he suffered severe injuries.
His body was taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital in Central Jakarta.
The police are still questioning witnesses.
Previously, another ojek driver was badly injured after being hit by a BMW car driven by a woman named Tiara Ayu Fauziah in Harmoni, Central Jakarta, on Monday.
The police said Tiara was under the influence of alcohol while driving the car. (cal)
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star