One died, two severely injured in accident in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
One person died and two others were severely injured in an accident on Jl. Ahmad Yani, South Bekasi, where a tanker truck collided with a car at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
The driver of the truck driver was killed while a passenger on board the truck and the driver of the car, Nuridin Ankoen, 57, were badly injured, the Bekasi traffic police said.
“The victim died because of the collision that saw him become trapped [inside the truck],” Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Indarto said on Saturday as quoted by tempo.co.
The other victims were also trapped, but could be evacuated by the police and transportation agency officers, he added.
The truck driver was taken to Bekasi Public Hospital while the other victims were taken to Mitra Keluarga Bekasi Hospital to receive treatment.
According to the police, the accident occurred while the truck was heading to Summarecon from Pekayon.
The truck suddenly hit a road separator with trees on it, causing the truck to enter the reversible lane.
The collision then occurred when the car driven by Nuridin was passing in the lane.
Indarto said the truck driver was reportedly drowsy while driving. (cal)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy