One died, two severely injured in accident in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
One person died and two others were severely injured in an accident on Jl. Ahmad Yani, South Bekasi, where a tanker truck collided with a car at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
The driver of the truck driver was killed while a passenger on board the truck and the driver of the car, Nuridin Ankoen, 57, were badly injured, the Bekasi traffic police said.
“The victim died because of the collision that saw him become trapped [inside the truck],” Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Indarto said on Saturday as quoted by tempo.co.
The other victims were also trapped, but could be evacuated by the police and transportation agency officers, he added.
The truck driver was taken to Bekasi Public Hospital while the other victims were taken to Mitra Keluarga Bekasi Hospital to receive treatment.
According to the police, the accident occurred while the truck was heading to Summarecon from Pekayon.
The truck suddenly hit a road separator with trees on it, causing the truck to enter the reversible lane.
The collision then occurred when the car driven by Nuridin was passing in the lane.
Indarto said the truck driver was reportedly drowsy while driving. (cal)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?