One died, two severely injured in accident in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
One person died and two others were severely injured in an accident on Jl. Ahmad Yani, South Bekasi, where a tanker truck collided with a car at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
The driver of the truck driver was killed while a passenger on board the truck and the driver of the car, Nuridin Ankoen, 57, were badly injured, the Bekasi traffic police said.
“The victim died because of the collision that saw him become trapped [inside the truck],” Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Indarto said on Saturday as quoted by tempo.co.
The other victims were also trapped, but could be evacuated by the police and transportation agency officers, he added.
The truck driver was taken to Bekasi Public Hospital while the other victims were taken to Mitra Keluarga Bekasi Hospital to receive treatment.
According to the police, the accident occurred while the truck was heading to Summarecon from Pekayon.
The truck suddenly hit a road separator with trees on it, causing the truck to enter the reversible lane.
The collision then occurred when the car driven by Nuridin was passing in the lane.
Indarto said the truck driver was reportedly drowsy while driving. (cal)
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: To infinity … and be awed!
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2