Bogor introduces e-court
The Jakarta Post
The Bogor District Court (PN) has implemented an e-court system with the aim of expediting hearing processes and allowing greater public access to trials to improve transparency.
PN Bogor E-Court team head Dewi Lestari Nuroso said on Friday that in the new system, trials would be held using various electronic media to visualize the hearing process, record it and hold teleconferences.
The e-court system at PN Bogor is supported by the implementation of an online registration system via an online-based application found at pendaftaran.pn.bogor.go.id and through the establishment of a one stop integration service (PTSP), in which confiscation and search permit requests can be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] and to WhatsApp at the number 0813 1617 1764, as well as a case tracking information system (SIP).
All set: Bogor District Court (PN) E Court team head Dewi Lestari Nuroso explains the implementation of the e-court system during an event at the court on April 13. (JP/Theresia Sufa)
Dewi said the use of e-court technology at PN Bogor would help provide the public with greater access to court services, especially to the first degree court, to serve people who lived in geographically remote areas. The e-court system would also prove helpful for law authorities and other legal institutions such as prosecutors’ offices, police and penitentiaries, she added.
PN Bogor has implemented the e-court system in the trial of several criminal cases and in a teleconference mediation, which connected together several parties in four different locations, namely Bogor, West Java; Jember, East Java; Singapore and the United States.
The chairmen of the Bogor chapter of the Indonesia Advocate Association (AAI), Khairuddin Bakri, praised the e-court system, saying it would ease the burden on lawyers. (ebf)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?