Anies to visit Morocco, Turkey for a week
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan is set to fly to Morocco and Turkey on Monday night to attend discussions on smart cities and water management.
Jakarta Gubernatorial and Foreign Affairs Bureau head Muhammad Mawardi said Anies would visit Casablanca and Istanbul and return to Jakarta on April 23.
“[Anies received] an invitation from Morocco to attend an event on smart cities. In Istanbul, he will participate in a discussion on water management and meet Istanbul’s social agency on issues related to street vendors,” Mawardi said Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that Anies would also visit Istanbul’s Old Town and meet Indonesian students.
The governor will be accompanied by Jakarta Communications, Information and Statistics Agency head Dian Ekowati. (wnd)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world