Anies to visit Morocco, Turkey for a week
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan is set to fly to Morocco and Turkey on Monday night to attend discussions on smart cities and water management.
Jakarta Gubernatorial and Foreign Affairs Bureau head Muhammad Mawardi said Anies would visit Casablanca and Istanbul and return to Jakarta on April 23.
“[Anies received] an invitation from Morocco to attend an event on smart cities. In Istanbul, he will participate in a discussion on water management and meet Istanbul’s social agency on issues related to street vendors,” Mawardi said Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that Anies would also visit Istanbul’s Old Town and meet Indonesian students.
The governor will be accompanied by Jakarta Communications, Information and Statistics Agency head Dian Ekowati. (wnd)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world