Anies to visit Morocco, Turkey for a week
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan is set to fly to Morocco and Turkey on Monday night to attend discussions on smart cities and water management.
Jakarta Gubernatorial and Foreign Affairs Bureau head Muhammad Mawardi said Anies would visit Casablanca and Istanbul and return to Jakarta on April 23.
“[Anies received] an invitation from Morocco to attend an event on smart cities. In Istanbul, he will participate in a discussion on water management and meet Istanbul’s social agency on issues related to street vendors,” Mawardi said Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
He added that Anies would also visit Istanbul’s Old Town and meet Indonesian students.
The governor will be accompanied by Jakarta Communications, Information and Statistics Agency head Dian Ekowati. (wnd)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Beijing says 32 Chinese tourists killed in North Korea bus crash
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki