Former lawmaker busted for drug possession
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police narcotics unit has arrested a former member of the House of Representatives who served in the 2004 to 2009 period named Arbab Paproeka due to alleged possession of shabu-shabu (crystal methamphetamine).
Police unit director Sr. Comr. Suwondo Nainggolan said on Monday that Arbab, the National Mandate Party (PAN) former politician, was arrested at an apartment at The Mansion apartment complex in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, on Friday.
“Yes, it is right. [Arbab] was arrested due to drug possession,” Suwondo said, as quoted by kompas.com. He added that the police seized some evidence at the apartment, namely crystal methamphetamine in a small plastic bag, a bong and matches.
The police, however, have yet to decide the next legal steps to be taken. “We will inform you of the development later.” (vny)
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: To infinity … and be awed!
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2