Former lawmaker busted for drug possession
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police narcotics unit has arrested a former member of the House of Representatives who served in the 2004 to 2009 period named Arbab Paproeka due to alleged possession of shabu-shabu (crystal methamphetamine).
Police unit director Sr. Comr. Suwondo Nainggolan said on Monday that Arbab, the National Mandate Party (PAN) former politician, was arrested at an apartment at The Mansion apartment complex in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, on Friday.
“Yes, it is right. [Arbab] was arrested due to drug possession,” Suwondo said, as quoted by kompas.com. He added that the police seized some evidence at the apartment, namely crystal methamphetamine in a small plastic bag, a bong and matches.
The police, however, have yet to decide the next legal steps to be taken. “We will inform you of the development later.” (vny)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?