Former lawmaker busted for drug possession
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police narcotics unit has arrested a former member of the House of Representatives who served in the 2004 to 2009 period named Arbab Paproeka due to alleged possession of shabu-shabu (crystal methamphetamine).
Police unit director Sr. Comr. Suwondo Nainggolan said on Monday that Arbab, the National Mandate Party (PAN) former politician, was arrested at an apartment at The Mansion apartment complex in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, on Friday.
“Yes, it is right. [Arbab] was arrested due to drug possession,” Suwondo said, as quoted by kompas.com. He added that the police seized some evidence at the apartment, namely crystal methamphetamine in a small plastic bag, a bong and matches.
The police, however, have yet to decide the next legal steps to be taken. “We will inform you of the development later.” (vny)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy