Jakarta forms special unit to handle housing project
Ivany Atina Arbi
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has formed a technical management unit (UPT) under the supervision of the Jakarta Public Housing and Public Buildings Agency to. One of its tasks is to manage the sale of properties without down payments.
“We will announce the registration process for purchasing zero-down payment housing afterwards,” Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno said at City Hall on Monday.
The zero-down payment housing program, widely known as DP 0, is one of Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan and his deputy Sandiaga’s key programs.
Under the program, Jakarta residents with monthly salaries between Rp 4 million (US$290) and Rp 7 million can buy apartments without any down payment. The buyers can also take up to 20 years to pay instalments on the properties, which cost around Rp 320 million.
In January, the city administration began the construction of an apartment building for the DP 0 program in Pondok Kelapa, East Jakarta. Named Klapa Village, the apartment building consists of 703 units—513 of which will be two-bedroom apartments priced at around Rp 320 million, while the remaining 190 units will have one bedroom and a price of Rp 185 million. (wit)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?