Jokowi’s VP choice could boost Islamic credentials
Suherdjoko and Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
Having been accused of being anti-Islamic by his detractors, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo may be forced to pick a running mate that can improve his image and electability among Muslim communities ahead of the 2019 presidential election.
Jokowi has been a target of religion-related allegations, including rumors about having a non-Muslim lineage and pro-secular stance, since he first c...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Court to hand down verdict in Setya’s e-ID graft case
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Bali's youths in search of 1965 history
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- In search of Indonesia's best-quality coffee
- Where's mum? Three bear cubs rescued in Bulgaria
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event