Jokowi’s VP choice could boost Islamic credentials
Suherdjoko and Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
Having been accused of being anti-Islamic by his detractors, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo may be forced to pick a running mate that can improve his image and electability among Muslim communities ahead of the 2019 presidential election.
Jokowi has been a target of religion-related allegations, including rumors about having a non-Muslim lineage and pro-secular stance, since he first c...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games