Keeping an eye on non-election issues
Anton Rizki Sulaiman
Many believe that, during the election years, politicians and bureaucrats will be too busy thinking about the elections to make any big decisions, enact major policies or issue any important laws.
In the context of the multiparty presidential system Indonesia has adopted, this view makes sense. Under this kind of political system, the president must be able to build a stable coalition of pa...
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world