Keeping an eye on non-election issues
Anton Rizki Sulaiman
Many believe that, during the election years, politicians and bureaucrats will be too busy thinking about the elections to make any big decisions, enact major policies or issue any important laws.
In the context of the multiparty presidential system Indonesia has adopted, this view makes sense. Under this kind of political system, the president must be able to build a stable coalition of pa...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Beijing says 32 Chinese tourists killed in North Korea bus crash
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki