Ahok’s lawyers yet to receive court’s verdict document
The Jakarta Post
Former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama’s lawyers have yet to receive a copy of the rejection verdict on the case review petition from the Supreme Court four weeks after the verdict was reported by media.
“We haven’t got it yet. If I have, I will inform [media],” said one of Ahok’s lawyers, Josefina Syukur, on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Ahok filed a case review request to the Supreme Court on April 2 related to his blasphemy case, which had given him a two-year prison sentence.
Media reported on the day that the panel of judges, led by justice Artidjo Alkostar, had rejected Ahok’s petition on March 26.
Days after the verdict, reports emerged about Artidjo’s connection to radical group Islam Defenders Front (FPI), an organization behind a series of rallies pushing the government to arrest and convict Ahok last year.
Artidjo denied the reports.
Ahok’s other lawyer, Fifi Lety Indra, earlier said it was strange because the lawyers had yet to receive the copy of the verdict weeks after the decision.
Fifi had also questioned the Supreme Court’s swift ruling, only 19 days after receiving the case dossier from the North Jakarta District Court.
She said for other cases, like the murder case that had convicted former Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) chairman Antasari Azhar, it took 122 days for the court to reject the case review petition. (wnd)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...