Children take center stage in waste bank initiative
A. Kurniawan Ulung
Bambang Suwerda (lan.go.id)After school, sixth grader Aulia Wulan helps serve coffee and instant noodles at her aunt’s food stall in Bantul regency, Yogyakarta.
The 12-year-old girl then disposes of mineral-water bottles and instant noodle and coffee packages into two baskets provided by her father, Muhasim, 48, who helps her sort them properly.
Since becoming a customer of the G...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games