Human & animal conflict of the nation’s menagerie
PREMIUM Up close: Visitors watch a komodo dragon at the Indonesia Safari Park in Bogor, West Java. (JP)All the country’s a menagerie; and all its animals are at the mercy of its human stewards. Some remain in the wild. Some are taken care of for conservation. Some are merely pawns, expendable if need be.Giving birth standing up, a mother giraffe collapsed with its legs stretched out stra...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games