Island focus: Seven dead after old building collapses
The Jakarta Post
At least seven people died on Monday after a building collapsed and hit a traditional music hall, where 11 people — mostly teenagers — were practicing karawitan music.
The old building was used as a swallow nest farm in Gegesik district, Cirebon regency, West Java.
Search and Rescue spokesperson in Bandung Joshua Banjarnahor said one person was also severely injured. “One suffe...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games