Pertamina sanctioned for oil spill
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
The Environment and Forestry Ministry has told state-owned oil and gas company PT Pertamina to take responsibility for the restoration of polluted Balikpapan Bay in East Kalimantan, given its role in the recent oil spill that has devastated the local environment.
Responsibility for cleaning up the bay and its surroundings is one of the sanctions imposed by the ministry on the firm, Minister...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world