Pertamina sanctioned for oil spill
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
The Environment and Forestry Ministry has told state-owned oil and gas company PT Pertamina to take responsibility for the restoration of polluted Balikpapan Bay in East Kalimantan, given its role in the recent oil spill that has devastated the local environment.
Responsibility for cleaning up the bay and its surroundings is one of the sanctions imposed by the ministry on the firm, Minister...
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station