Suit against witness raises concerns
The Jakarta Post
An ongoing civil lawsuit against an expert witness, who recently testified against graft convict and suspended Southeast Sulawesi governor Nur Alam, has raised concerns among activists.
They see the case as a setback for antigraft and environmental campaigners.
It all started when Nur filed a suit against Basuki Wasis, an environmental destruction expert from Bogor Agricultural Unive...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Solok, kills one
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world