Suit against witness raises concerns
The Jakarta Post
An ongoing civil lawsuit against an expert witness, who recently testified against graft convict and suspended Southeast Sulawesi governor Nur Alam, has raised concerns among activists.
They see the case as a setback for antigraft and environmental campaigners.
It all started when Nur filed a suit against Basuki Wasis, an environmental destruction expert from Bogor Agricultural Unive...
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi