Wiranto, SBY meet, discuss politics ahead of elections
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto met with former president and Democratic Party chief patron Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on Tuesday to talk about politics.
“I am the coordinating political, legal and security affairs [minister]. [The title] clearly includes ‘politics’ so in order to understand the latest political developments, especially ahead of the elections, I meet with various political figures and party leaders,” Wiranto said at his office in Central Jakarta after the meeting, which took place in Yudhoyono’s residence in Kuningan, South Jakarta.
Wiranto, the chief patron of Hanura, a member of the ruling party coalition, added that he had “listened to Yudhoyono’s insight on national politics.”
Wiranto acknowledged that the two retired military generals also discussed national security affairs.
“He has experience in managing national security as a [military] commander, so [I wanted] insight from him on [...] what to do in order to maintain political stability ahead of the elections,” he said.
Wiranto hinted that he would also meet with other political party leaders to “maintain political communications.” (swd)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes