Taspen seeks to boost business expansion of subsidiaries
The Jakarta Post
State-owned pension insurance company PT Taspen plans to optimize its subsidiaries’ business to improve its growth this year.
One of the strategies was to boost expansion of its subsidiary, Taspen Properti, by building more apartments for civil servants, Taspen president director Iqbal Latanro said on Sunday.
“For example, Taspen Properti is in the process of developing a civil servant apartment complex. It also has some offices that have been rented to subsidiaries of state-owned companies,” he said as quoted by Kompas.com.Read also: Taspen books close to Rp 200 trillion in assets in 2016
In the first quarter of 2018, Taspen recorded total assets of Rp 232 trillion, up by 11 percent year-on-year. In addition, it also managed to post a significant increase in profits in the first three months of this year.
“Usually in the first quarters [of each year], we suffer losses. However, this year we were able to record a 506 percent surge in profits,” Iqbal said.
Last year, Taspen’s net profit climbed by 191 percent from 2016 to Rp 171 billion.
Taspen has partnered with 45 banks and PT Pos Indonesia to channel payments. To date, it has 6.5 million customers.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend