Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have named a motorist a suspect in the death of a toddler who was hit by a car in Pulogadung, East Jakarta, on Sunday night. The police are yet to arrest the suspect.
The four-year-old toddler was hit by a Toyota Fortuner on Jl. Palad on Sunday night. “The incident occurred at 10.10 p.m. on Sunday night,” Jakarta Police traffic law enforcement unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Budiyanto said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
Budiyanto said the child was reportedly hit while crossing the road in front of Palad residential complex.
The child suffered head injuries and passed away after being taken to the nearby Mediros Hospital by the suspect.
Jakarta Police traffic director Sr. Comr. Yusuf said the suspect had been charged under Law No. 22/2009 on traffic. “The suspect has been charged under Article 310 for causing a death. I’ve directed that the investigation be completed as soon as possible,” Yusuf said. (ami)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy