Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police have named a motorist a suspect in the death of a toddler who was hit by a car in Pulogadung, East Jakarta, on Sunday night. The police are yet to arrest the suspect.
The four-year-old toddler was hit by a Toyota Fortuner on Jl. Palad on Sunday night. “The incident occurred at 10.10 p.m. on Sunday night,” Jakarta Police traffic law enforcement unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Budiyanto said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com.
Budiyanto said the child was reportedly hit while crossing the road in front of Palad residential complex.
The child suffered head injuries and passed away after being taken to the nearby Mediros Hospital by the suspect.
Jakarta Police traffic director Sr. Comr. Yusuf said the suspect had been charged under Law No. 22/2009 on traffic. “The suspect has been charged under Article 310 for causing a death. I’ve directed that the investigation be completed as soon as possible,” Yusuf said. (ami)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai