Election official attacked while conducting voter assessment in Jambi
The Jakarta Post
An official from the Sarolangun General Elections Commission (KPU Sarolangun) was reportedly attacked while attempting to conduct voter assessment ahead of next year’s presidential and legislative elections.
The official, identified as Ari Apriadi, was reportedly attacked in Muara Danau village, Pelawan district, Sarolangun regency, Jambi, on Friday.
KPU Sarolangun has reported the incident to police.
KPU Sarolangun head Akhyar said the attack took place in front of heads of the election organizing committee and election supervisory committee in Muara Danau village, Pelawan district.
“The victim has bruises behind his left ear,” said Akhyar on Monday.
He further explained that a day before the incident, Ari had visited the suspect, identified as Al, at his house, but the latter refused to comply with the election official’s request for voter assessment.
Ari went on to report his interaction with Al to election organizers.
The following day, accompanied by election organizer officials, Ari paid another visit to Al, who reportedly grew angry and attacked Ari.
“We will continue the legal process,” Akhyar said. (ebf)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world