Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
The Jakarta Post
A list of candidates for the post of president director of state-owned energy company Pertamina president has been submitted to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, according to a State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Ministry official.
“The [names] have been submitted by SOE Minister Rini Soemarno, who is now waiting for the President’s input,” Fajar Harry Sampurno, the ministry’s undersecretary for mining, strategic industries and media affairs, said in Jakarta on Wednesday as quoted by kontan.co.id.
He declined to provide the names or disclose how many candidates had been chosen, saying only that the list included both existing Pertamina officials and candidates from outside the company.
“Once the President has made his decision and selected a candidate, the minister will inaugurate [the new Pertamina president director],” Fajar added.
The government overhauled the board of directors of Pertamina last Friday, including by sacking former president director Elia Massa Manik and four other directors. The move came following an oil spill that caused environmental damage and led to multiple deaths in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, earlier this month, and amid a scarcity of Premium gasoline in various regions.
Pertamina human resources director Nicke Widyawati was appointed acting president director to lead the company until a new president director is inaugurated. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages