Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
The Jakarta Post
A list of candidates for the post of president director of state-owned energy company Pertamina president has been submitted to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, according to a State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Ministry official.
“The [names] have been submitted by SOE Minister Rini Soemarno, who is now waiting for the President’s input,” Fajar Harry Sampurno, the ministry’s undersecretary for mining, strategic industries and media affairs, said in Jakarta on Wednesday as quoted by kontan.co.id.
He declined to provide the names or disclose how many candidates had been chosen, saying only that the list included both existing Pertamina officials and candidates from outside the company.
“Once the President has made his decision and selected a candidate, the minister will inaugurate [the new Pertamina president director],” Fajar added.
The government overhauled the board of directors of Pertamina last Friday, including by sacking former president director Elia Massa Manik and four other directors. The move came following an oil spill that caused environmental damage and led to multiple deaths in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, earlier this month, and amid a scarcity of Premium gasoline in various regions.
Pertamina human resources director Nicke Widyawati was appointed acting president director to lead the company until a new president director is inaugurated. (bbn)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform