BREAKING: N. Korea to invite US experts to see nuclear test site closure
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un promised to invite US experts and journalists to watch the closure of the country's nuclear test site next month, the South's presidential office said Sunday.
"Kim said... that he would carry out the closing of the nuclear test site in May, and would soon invite experts of South Korea and the US to disclose the process to the international community with transparency," Seoul's presidential spokesman Yoon Young-chan said.
Kim made the comment during Friday's historic summit with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, said the spokesman.
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?
- Death of Persija fan at hands of Persib hooligans sparks outrage