Jokowi declines to comment on his minister's leaked conversation
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo refused to comment on a leaked conversation between one of his ministers and a top official at state utility firm PLN when journalists asked him about it on Monday in Jakarta.
During a door-stop interview at an event held at the Hotel Sahid, Jokowi answered several questions regarding economic issues to a recent reshuffle at several state-owned enterprises, however when journalists asked him about the leaked conversation, he said: I don’t want to comment before things are clear.
Last week, a leaked conversation between State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Rini Soemarno and PLN’s president director Sofyan Basir circulated on the internet. The clipped conversation mentioned the proportion of shares in an investment project.
The ministry and PLN confirmed the conversation between Rini and Sofyan but said the leaked conversation had been clipped and edited. They said the two were talking about how the investment should benefit PLN and not become a burden for the state utility firm.
Both the ministry and PLN plan to take legal action against the uploader of the conversation.
“I will file a lawsuit, not only behalf of the ministry but also myself personally,” Rini said as quoted by kompas.com on Sunday. Rini said the mention of “distribution of shares” was not for personal gain.
The conversation contained the words “bagi-bagi saham” (distribution of shares), which Sofyan reportedly said was too small. (evi)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy