Jokowi declines to comment on his minister's leaked conversation
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo refused to comment on a leaked conversation between one of his ministers and a top official at state utility firm PLN when journalists asked him about it on Monday in Jakarta.
During a door-stop interview at an event held at the Hotel Sahid, Jokowi answered several questions regarding economic issues to a recent reshuffle at several state-owned enterprises, however when journalists asked him about the leaked conversation, he said: I don’t want to comment before things are clear.
Last week, a leaked conversation between State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Rini Soemarno and PLN’s president director Sofyan Basir circulated on the internet. The clipped conversation mentioned the proportion of shares in an investment project.
The ministry and PLN confirmed the conversation between Rini and Sofyan but said the leaked conversation had been clipped and edited. They said the two were talking about how the investment should benefit PLN and not become a burden for the state utility firm.
Both the ministry and PLN plan to take legal action against the uploader of the conversation.
“I will file a lawsuit, not only behalf of the ministry but also myself personally,” Rini said as quoted by kompas.com on Sunday. Rini said the mention of “distribution of shares” was not for personal gain.
The conversation contained the words “bagi-bagi saham” (distribution of shares), which Sofyan reportedly said was too small. (evi)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace