Budget for BMW Stadium increases
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has revealed a significant budget increase of around Rp 2.7 trillion (US$193.4 million) for the construction of a much-awaited soccer stadium at BMW Park in Sunter, North Jakarta.
Previously, the administration estimated that the international standard stadium would require around Rp 2 trillion to build.
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno said on Friday that the money would come from private parties using a scheme between local government and private parties (KPDBU).
Sandiaga further said the facility would be able to host various events, not only related to sports, but also music, for example. A three-story mosque will also be built in the stadium compound. The mosque’s ballroom will be available as a wedding venue.
The administration also has plans to build several apartment towers and hotels near the stadium.
“We will kick off construction in October this year,” Sandiaga said as quoted by kompas.com. (vny)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium