Budget for BMW Stadium increases
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has revealed a significant budget increase of around Rp 2.7 trillion (US$193.4 million) for the construction of a much-awaited soccer stadium at BMW Park in Sunter, North Jakarta.
Previously, the administration estimated that the international standard stadium would require around Rp 2 trillion to build.
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno said on Friday that the money would come from private parties using a scheme between local government and private parties (KPDBU).
Sandiaga further said the facility would be able to host various events, not only related to sports, but also music, for example. A three-story mosque will also be built in the stadium compound. The mosque’s ballroom will be available as a wedding venue.
The administration also has plans to build several apartment towers and hotels near the stadium.
“We will kick off construction in October this year,” Sandiaga said as quoted by kompas.com. (vny)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know