'Humiliated' groom-to-be kills fiancée, burns body
The Jakarta Post
Tambora Police in West Jakarta have arrested a 25-year-old man for allegedly killing and then burning the body of his 41-year-old fiancée.
“The suspect felt humiliated as a man because the victim was covering the whole cost of their wedding,” Tambora Police chief Comr. Iver Son Manossoh, said on Saturday as reported by tribunnews.com.
Iver said that previously the suspect, identified as Stefanus and Laura, his fiancée, were involved in an argument at her house on Jl. Alaydrus, North Petojo, Gambir, Central Jakarta, on Thursday at 1 p.m. According to the police, Stefanus said the victim threatened to stab him but he snatched the knife and stabbed her several times in the abdomen.
Iver said the suspect put his fiancee’s body in his Daihatsu Ayla hidden under a bedcover and brought it to his house in Pekojan in Tambora.
He said Stefanus then arranged with four of his friends to get rid of the body. They kept the body in Tambora for a day before finally burning it and dumping it in Tangerang, Banten. (ami)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy