KPK confirms identity of nabbed lawmaker
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has confirmed the arrest Democratic Party member Amin Santono.
Amin has been detained at a location near Halim Perdanakusuma Airport, East Jakarta since Friday.
Read also: KPK nabs lawmaker for alleged graft
KPK head Agus Raharjo said on Saturday evening that the KPK had named Amin a graft suspect after questioning him for 24 hours.
The antigraft agency said in a statement on Saturday that its investigation into the case had been ongoing since December last year.
Along with Amin, the KPK has also named Eka Kamaludin, Yaya Purnomo and Ahmad Ghaist suspects in the case, which pertains to the allocation of funds for regional administrations in the 2018 state budget.
"The KPK’s operation yesterday was carried out in connection to gratuities related to the proposed regional fiscal balance in the draft 2018 state budget," said Agus on Saturday as quoted by kompas.com.
In a series of operations, the KPK has secured several pieces of evidence, including 1.9 kilograms of gold, Rp 1.84 billion (US$132,112), S$63,000 and US$12,500. (roi/evi)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government