Dead baby found in plastic bag in North Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A newborn baby boy was found dead inside a plastic bag on a street in a residential area in Suter Jaya, Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta, on Sunday night.
A resident, Itaqul Amrilah, 29, found a red plastic bag with the baby in it when she went to throw out the trash near her house.
“Itaqul returned to her house and called Denny Saputra, 31, to check what was inside the plastic bag. They found a dead baby boy, estimated to be 3 days old,” Tanjung Priok Police chief Comr. Supriyanto said Monday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The finding was reported to security guards in the residential area who later reported the case to the Tanjung Priok Police.
“Based on evidence we found at the scene and a CCTV recording from one of the houses, we alleged that the perpetrator was the baby’s mother,” Supriyanto said.
He added that the mother, 19, admitted that she killed the baby out of shame because she gave birth to him out of wedlock.
The suspect, who Supriyanto said was taken into custody, faces charges under Article 80 of the Child Protection Law on assault, which carries a maximum sentence of 3.5 years' imprisonment.
The police are still searching for the father. (iwa)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October