#2019IamthePresident T-shirt producer reaps profit from hashtag war
The Jakarta Post
Attempting to ride on the waves of the hashtag war between #2019GantiPresiden (Change the President 2019) versus #2019TetapJokowi (Still Jokowi 2019) ahead of the presidential election next year, some small garment producers are producing T-shirts containing witty designs that resemble the hashtags.
Among the T-shirt manufacturers is Mukhafi “Mi’ing” Solihin in Tangerang, Banten, whose latest design is emblazoned with the anagram of #2019GantiPresiden. The 40-year-old has changed it into #2019GuaPresidennya, or I am the President 2019.
“Thank God, I’ve received positive feedback from my customers. The demand keeps increasing,” Mi’ing told wartakota.tribunnews.com on Tuesday.
Mi’ing claimed that the idea of creating a new hashtag came from his own imagination. He at first made only one T-shirt of that type and then took a picture of him wearing it. Soon after he posted the photo on his social media account, he began to receive orders from his friends.
“I’ve received orders from Yogyakarta and Bali. My customer in Yogyakarta wanted 12 dozen of this T-shirt,” he said, noting that each of his #2019GuaPresidennya T-shirts costs Rp 100,000 (US$7). (vla)
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world