#2019IamthePresident T-shirt producer reaps profit from hashtag war
The Jakarta Post
Attempting to ride on the waves of the hashtag war between #2019GantiPresiden (Change the President 2019) versus #2019TetapJokowi (Still Jokowi 2019) ahead of the presidential election next year, some small garment producers are producing T-shirts containing witty designs that resemble the hashtags.
Among the T-shirt manufacturers is Mukhafi “Mi’ing” Solihin in Tangerang, Banten, whose latest design is emblazoned with the anagram of #2019GantiPresiden. The 40-year-old has changed it into #2019GuaPresidennya, or I am the President 2019.
“Thank God, I’ve received positive feedback from my customers. The demand keeps increasing,” Mi’ing told wartakota.tribunnews.com on Tuesday.
Mi’ing claimed that the idea of creating a new hashtag came from his own imagination. He at first made only one T-shirt of that type and then took a picture of him wearing it. Soon after he posted the photo on his social media account, he began to receive orders from his friends.
“I’ve received orders from Yogyakarta and Bali. My customer in Yogyakarta wanted 12 dozen of this T-shirt,” he said, noting that each of his #2019GuaPresidennya T-shirts costs Rp 100,000 (US$7). (vla)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world