Jakarta deputy governor invited to visit US
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno says he is mulling over going to the United States after the celebration of the 491st anniversary of Jakarta next month.
Sandiaga said he had been invited to talk about the resilience of cities and climate change at the C40 world’s megacities network forum on June 27, five days after the celebration of the capital’s 491st anniversary.
“The invitation is from the C40, a cities forum set up by the former mayor of New York, mayor [Michael] Bloomberg, to anticipate climate change,” Sandiaga said on Friday as reported by kompas.com.
Sandiaga said Jakarta was a member of the C40 but had been inactive, adding that he expected Jakarta to be more active in similar international forums
“I wish we participated in more international events, especially those pertaining to climate change,” he said.
Earlier on April 28, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan traveled to Los Angeles, US to attend a global forum and visited Morocco’s capital of Casablanca and Istanbul in Turkey, in the previous week. (ami)
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror