Jakarta deputy governor invited to visit US
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno says he is mulling over going to the United States after the celebration of the 491st anniversary of Jakarta next month.
Sandiaga said he had been invited to talk about the resilience of cities and climate change at the C40 world’s megacities network forum on June 27, five days after the celebration of the capital’s 491st anniversary.
“The invitation is from the C40, a cities forum set up by the former mayor of New York, mayor [Michael] Bloomberg, to anticipate climate change,” Sandiaga said on Friday as reported by kompas.com.
Sandiaga said Jakarta was a member of the C40 but had been inactive, adding that he expected Jakarta to be more active in similar international forums
“I wish we participated in more international events, especially those pertaining to climate change,” he said.
Earlier on April 28, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan traveled to Los Angeles, US to attend a global forum and visited Morocco’s capital of Casablanca and Istanbul in Turkey, in the previous week. (ami)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world