Anies supporters appointed as Ancol commissioners
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has appointed social entrepreneur Rene Suhardono as the president and independent commissioner of city-owned property developer PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol.
Rene is a social media influencer and motivator who frequently expressed his support for Anies on his social media account during the campaign season.
He was appointed during the shareholders meeting on Tuesday, replacing Ngadiman.
Besides Rene, the city administration also appointed Geisz Chalifah, a political observer who expressed his support for Anies on several occasions during the campaign season, to replace Jakarta Development Planning Board (Bappeda) head Tuty Kusumawati.
Trisna Muliadi and KRMH Daryanto Mangoenpratolo were reappointed as commissioners.
Anies said Rene was appointed because he was a professional who understood the amusement park business well.
“We’re lucky that a person with relevant knowledge and experience can help the supervision of the directors,” Anies said on Tuesday.
He added that besides supervising the directors, he hoped Rene, with his fresh perspective, could bring innovation to Ancol Dreamland amusement park in North Jakarta, which was operated by PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol.
Rene also had a large national and international network, a factor that may attract more people to visit the park, he said.
Anies added Geisz was appointed because he had been involved in some cultural activities, including Jakarta Melayu Festival. His experience was relevant to the duty as a commissioner, he added.
Supporters of Anies and his deputy, Sandiaga Uno, had already been appointed to positions in city administration-related institutions.
Previously, the Jakarta administration appointed deputy chairman of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin) Sarman Simanjorang as president commissioner of beer manufacturer PT Delta Djakarta, replacing Jakarta Financial Management Board head Michael Rolandi.
Sarman was known to be a close friend of Sandiaga while he was still active in Kadin.
Anies also appointed his spokesman during campaign season, Naufal Firman, as a member of the Team for Development Acceleration (TGUPP).
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta