Authorities to watch outdoor predawn meal events during Ramadhan
The Jakarta Post
South Jakarta authorities have decided that "sahur [predawn meal] on the road” events during the month of Ramadhan will be conducted under police watch to ensure public orderliness.
“[South Jakarta Police] will deploy its officers to safeguard the SOTR events. However, I suggest everyone have their sahur at home with their families,” said South Jakarta Police spokesman Comr. Purwanta on Tuesday as quoted by kompas.com.
“There’ll also be some patrol officers deployed at places where SOTR events usually held,” he added.
The police, Purwanta added, has also joined hands with the Indonesian Military (TNI) to conduct several operations during the fasting month. The measure is aimed at clearing the city from bootleg liquor.
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno on Tuesday had also suggested people hold less SOTR events during Ramadhan this year.
“Please don’t hold SOTR events, moreover the ones that involve convoys using motorcycles. It’ll disturb other people,” he said.
He also urged people who wanted to help or donate meals for the less fortunate to deliver the food through mosques or institutions involved with charities.
Sandiaga also added: “No organization is allowed to raid entertainment centers. We should instead focus on improving ourselves [spiritually] throughout the Holy Month,” he said. (vla)
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- Trump endorses call for Harley-Davidson boycott
- S. Korean woman given rare jail term for spycam crime
- A-Pink to perform in Jakarta in September
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Two Austrians killed in French Alps glider crash: Official
- Who is Ma’ruf Amin, Jokowi’s running mate?
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world