Baby girl abandoned under West Jakarta overpass
The Jakarta Post
An abandoned two-day-old baby girl was found in a garbage wagon under the Pasar Pagi Tambora overpass in Tambora, West Jakarta, on Monday.
“She was found inside a garbage wagon under the overpass at around 12 a.m. The baby will stay at the [Anak Balita Tunas Bangsa] orphanage,” said Suta Wijaya, the head of the social rehabilitation unit of West Jakarta Social Agency as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Suta said residents heard a baby crying in the middle of the night and searched for the source of the crying.
“She has been examined at Sumber Waras Hospital; she’s healthy. Officials [in the orphanage] will take care of her,” he said.
Tambora Police are searching for the baby’s parents. Police chief Comr. Iver Son Manossoh believed that the baby was deliberately abandoned.
“We’ll investigate the case. Our current suspicion is that the baby was abandoned intentionally,” he said.
The incident is the latest of several such cases reported recently.
On May 12, residents of Cibitung in Bekasi, West Java, found an abandoned baby boy. West Cikarang Police office Adj. Comr. Wuryanti said a resident named Sarwoko heard a baby crying, followed the sound and found the baby wrapped in a piece of cloth in front of a house.
Earlier on May 2, a scavenger in Depok, West Java also found a baby boy abandoned inside a box on an uninhabited plot of land. The baby, estimated to be one or two days old, was taken to Depok Jaya community health center to receive medical treatment. (vla)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem