Sadranan Traditional symbol of harmony ahead of Ramadhan
Maksum Nur Fauzan
PREMIUM Long and winding road: A villager carries food to the Sadranan ceremony.Against the backdrop of a thin veil of mist and the magnificent Merapi and Merbabu mountains, the residents of Genting Cepogo village in Boyolali, Central Java, marched to their ancestral cemetery on May 4 to participate in the Sadranan.Sadranan is the local ritual that pays homage to the villagers’ forbears. Adult men carri...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings