BI interest rate hike imminent
Marchio Irfan Gorbiano and Rachmadea Aisyah
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Bank Indonesia (BI) is expected to make good on its promise to end its expansionary monetary policy by raising its interest rate on Thursday in response to external pressures that have hit the rupiah hard, analysts have said.Following the rupiah’s recent depreciation, the central bank has sent a strong message that it has ample room to adjust the BI seven-day reverse repo rate if it deems the de...
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims