Homeworkers struggle to make ends meet
The Jakarta Post
Fiddly job: Women pack drinking straws and plastic ice cream spoons into small plastic wraps in their neighborhood in Kota Bangun district in Medan, North Sumatra, last Wednesday. (JP/Apriadi Gunawan)Syamsuniar, 64, makes a living by packaging drinking straws at her home in the Medan Deli district of Medan, North Sumatra.
Compared to other, younger workers, she works fast, too. She said sh...
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims