Terror suspects arrested at ‘exclusive’ mushola in E. Java
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s counterterrorism unit Densus 88 and the Probolinggo Police arrested three more terror suspects at a housing complex and an “exclusive” mushola (prayer room) in Probolinggo, East Java, on Wednesday evening.
The team, consisting of 35 personnel from Densus 88 and 65 from Probolinggo Police, first searched a house in Sumbertaman housing complex and arrested one person. The team then searched a mushola inside the housing complex and arrested two more suspects. All three did not put up a fight, police said.
“Their initials are F, F and H. We suspect they are linked to the Surabaya attacks,” said Probolinggo Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Alfian Nurrizal, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Alfian said the police confiscated an air riffle, a bow, one dagger and unidentified homemade electronics. No explosive materials were found, Alfian said.
The mushola was an exclusive facility, he added. “Only certain people go there,” he said. Neighbors of the three said the suspects kept to themselves and that they did not know their employment status. (evi)
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times