Terror suspects arrested at ‘exclusive’ mushola in E. Java
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s counterterrorism unit Densus 88 and the Probolinggo Police arrested three more terror suspects at a housing complex and an “exclusive” mushola (prayer room) in Probolinggo, East Java, on Wednesday evening.
The team, consisting of 35 personnel from Densus 88 and 65 from Probolinggo Police, first searched a house in Sumbertaman housing complex and arrested one person. The team then searched a mushola inside the housing complex and arrested two more suspects. All three did not put up a fight, police said.
“Their initials are F, F and H. We suspect they are linked to the Surabaya attacks,” said Probolinggo Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Alfian Nurrizal, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Alfian said the police confiscated an air riffle, a bow, one dagger and unidentified homemade electronics. No explosive materials were found, Alfian said.
The mushola was an exclusive facility, he added. “Only certain people go there,” he said. Neighbors of the three said the suspects kept to themselves and that they did not know their employment status. (evi)
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- Twitter erupts as Asian Games opening ceremony praised by netizens
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Indonesia denies reports on Jakarta's air pollution during Asian Games
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Aftershocks hit Lombok, cause landslides on Mt. Rinjani
- Asian Games: Volunteers feel opening hype outside venue
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018