Terror suspects arrested at ‘exclusive’ mushola in E. Java
The Jakarta Post
The National Police’s counterterrorism unit Densus 88 and the Probolinggo Police arrested three more terror suspects at a housing complex and an “exclusive” mushola (prayer room) in Probolinggo, East Java, on Wednesday evening.
The team, consisting of 35 personnel from Densus 88 and 65 from Probolinggo Police, first searched a house in Sumbertaman housing complex and arrested one person. The team then searched a mushola inside the housing complex and arrested two more suspects. All three did not put up a fight, police said.
“Their initials are F, F and H. We suspect they are linked to the Surabaya attacks,” said Probolinggo Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Alfian Nurrizal, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Alfian said the police confiscated an air riffle, a bow, one dagger and unidentified homemade electronics. No explosive materials were found, Alfian said.
The mushola was an exclusive facility, he added. “Only certain people go there,” he said. Neighbors of the three said the suspects kept to themselves and that they did not know their employment status. (evi)
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- China to host Iranian president amid nuclear deal doubt