Govt appoints new Pertamina commissioners to 'strengthen supervision'
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
The government has appointed two new commissioners to PT Pertamina in its latest effort to ensure the state energy giant's smooth transition into a state oil and gas holding company.
The decision came after Wednesday's Pertamina shareholders meeting.
The State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Ministry released the names of the two new commissioners in a press statement on Thursday: Ahmad Bambang, a former Pertamina marketing director, and Ego Syahrial, the secretary-general of the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry.
The SOEs Ministry also appointed as independent commissioner Alexander Lay, who is to leave his current position as Pertamina commissioner to take up his new post, while it dismissed Edwin Hidayat Abdullah as commissioner.
"We expect that the new members will strengthen supervision at Pertamina," said Fajar Harry Sampurno, the ministry's undersecretary for mining, strategic industry and media affairs. (dwa)
New Pertamina board of commissioners
- Chief commissioner: Tanri Abeng
- Deputy commissioner: Arcandra Tahar
- Independent commissioner: Alexander Lay
- Sahala Lumban Gaol
- Suahasil Nazara
- Ahmad Bambang
- Ego Syahrial
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific