Manhole covers on South Jakarta underpass disappear
The Jakarta Post
Some 25 manhole covers at the Mampang-Kuningan underpass in South Jakarta have been stolen.
“I’ve just realized [that the covers are gone] on [Thursday] afternoon,” South Jakarta Bina Marga road agency head Agustio Ruhuseto said as quoted by kompas.com on Thursday.
He also said that he had immediately instructed his team to cover the holes using road blocks to prevent a traffic accident from occurring.
“The placement of road blocks is a temporary measure. We are going to replace them with new permanent covers,” Agustio added.
A motorcyclist named Adi who passed through the underpass that afternoon said the absence of covers had caused an inconvenience.
“A motorist might fall into the hole if they're unaware of the missing covers,” he said. (vla)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky