Mohamed Salah in final Egypt World Cup squad: federation
Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah was included Monday in Egypt's 2018 World Cup squad despite still undergoing treatment for a shoulder injury he suffered in the Champions League final, the Egyptian Football Association said.
Salah, who hit a stunning 44 goals for Liverpool last season in all competitions, was forced out of the final in tears last month clutching his left shoulder after being wrestled to the ground by Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos.
Analysts say Salah’s injury in the first half of the match was one of the major causes of Liverpool's painful 1-3 defeat to Spanish behemoth Real Madrid on Saturday in Kiev, Ukraine. Nicknamed Mo Salah, the top player has been the Reds’ top scorer with 44 goals in the past season.
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices