Mohamed Salah in final Egypt World Cup squad: federation
Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah was included Monday in Egypt's 2018 World Cup squad despite still undergoing treatment for a shoulder injury he suffered in the Champions League final, the Egyptian Football Association said.
Salah, who hit a stunning 44 goals for Liverpool last season in all competitions, was forced out of the final in tears last month clutching his left shoulder after being wrestled to the ground by Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos.
Analysts say Salah’s injury in the first half of the match was one of the major causes of Liverpool's painful 1-3 defeat to Spanish behemoth Real Madrid on Saturday in Kiev, Ukraine. Nicknamed Mo Salah, the top player has been the Reds’ top scorer with 44 goals in the past season.
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- The warning signs get stronger
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65