Mohamed Salah in final Egypt World Cup squad: federation
Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah was included Monday in Egypt's 2018 World Cup squad despite still undergoing treatment for a shoulder injury he suffered in the Champions League final, the Egyptian Football Association said.
Salah, who hit a stunning 44 goals for Liverpool last season in all competitions, was forced out of the final in tears last month clutching his left shoulder after being wrestled to the ground by Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos.
Analysts say Salah’s injury in the first half of the match was one of the major causes of Liverpool's painful 1-3 defeat to Spanish behemoth Real Madrid on Saturday in Kiev, Ukraine. Nicknamed Mo Salah, the top player has been the Reds’ top scorer with 44 goals in the past season.
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world