Big sport motorcycle found in bus' trunk
The Jakarta Post
A sports motorbike was found in the trunk of a bus at the Poris Plawad terminal in Tangerang on Friday.
It was discovered when officials from the Tangerang Police’s traffic division held an inspection at the terminal.
At the same time, bus drivers also had to undergo health checks.
Upon finding the big red motorbike in the trunk, Tangerang Police’s traffic unit head Sr. Adj. Comr. Ojo Ruslani was furious and immediately asked the bus crew to unload it.
“Where are the bus driver and conductor? How come there’s a motorcycle in the trunk? This must be unloaded,” Ojo said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The bus crew explained that the bus was transporting homebound travelers and the motorbike to Madura, East Java.
“Buses are supposed to transport humans, not motorbikes. This can be dangerous,” Ojo told the bus driver who soon afterwards unloaded the motorbike.
He then told the bus crew to send it to Madura via a free service provided by the government.
The Transportation Ministry is set to provide 39,446 motorcyclists and 87,250 travelers with free rides on buses, trains and ships from Jakarta to a number of popular destinations during the Idul Fitri exodus this year.
Among the destinations are Semarang in Central Java, as well as Yogyakarta and Surabaya in East Java. (iwa)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow