Big sport motorcycle found in bus' trunk
The Jakarta Post
A sports motorbike was found in the trunk of a bus at the Poris Plawad terminal in Tangerang on Friday.
It was discovered when officials from the Tangerang Police’s traffic division held an inspection at the terminal.
At the same time, bus drivers also had to undergo health checks.
Upon finding the big red motorbike in the trunk, Tangerang Police’s traffic unit head Sr. Adj. Comr. Ojo Ruslani was furious and immediately asked the bus crew to unload it.
“Where are the bus driver and conductor? How come there’s a motorcycle in the trunk? This must be unloaded,” Ojo said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The bus crew explained that the bus was transporting homebound travelers and the motorbike to Madura, East Java.
“Buses are supposed to transport humans, not motorbikes. This can be dangerous,” Ojo told the bus driver who soon afterwards unloaded the motorbike.
He then told the bus crew to send it to Madura via a free service provided by the government.
The Transportation Ministry is set to provide 39,446 motorcyclists and 87,250 travelers with free rides on buses, trains and ships from Jakarta to a number of popular destinations during the Idul Fitri exodus this year.
Among the destinations are Semarang in Central Java, as well as Yogyakarta and Surabaya in East Java. (iwa)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world