Minor gets 10 years for killing, raping little girl
The Jakarta Post
A panel of judges at Cibinong District Court handed down a 10-year prison term to RF, 15, for murdering Grace Gabriella Bimusu, 5, a girl whose body was found in a sack.
“After hearing facts and testimony during the trial, we found RF convincingly guilty of assault and premeditated murder,” presiding judge Tira Tirtona read out the sentence on Friday as quoted by tempo.co.
Aside from a 10-year prison term, RF is also obliged to serve three months of voluntary work at a social institution.
He will serve his sentence at Tangerang Juvenile Correctional Facility.
The case came to light after Grace’s body was found wrapped in a sack on a plot of land near Bogor Asri Residential Complex, Nanggewer, Cibinong, Bogor, West Java on May 1.
RF, who had just finished junior high school, told the police he had killed Grace at the victim's house by smothering her.
He said he killed the little girl over a grudge held against her parents.
RF admitted that he put Grace’s body into a sack and dumped the sack on the plot of land sometime between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on April 30. Local residents found Grace's body the next day at around 1:50 a.m.
The suspect and the victim lived in the same neighborhood at Bogor Asri Residential Complex, Block K3, Nanggewer, Cibinong, Bogor.(iwa)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow