Woman arrested after drugs found in apartment
The Jakarta Post
A 34-year-old woman, identified only as RG, has been arrested in an apartment in Pegadungan, Kalideres, West Jakarta, after police discovered drugs there.
“This is the second time the suspect has been arrested,” head of the West Jakarta Police’s narcotics division unit, Sr. Adj. Comr. Erick Frendiz said Friday, adding that the woman claimed she sold drugs for financial reasons after her husband left her.
He added that the woman had been convicted in a drug case before and was released from prison in April 2016 after serving a 4-year prison term.
The police secured two mobile phones, three scales, four records of sale and one plastic bag filled with aluminum foil.
In addition, police also secured 4 packages of crystal methamphetamine weighing 141 grams each, 1 package containing 100 blue pills marked “S” weighing 27.8 grams, 6 plastic packages containing 258 pills marked "LV” weighing 119.6 grams.
There were also 7 plastic packages containing 279 green pills marked with the “Nike” logo, weighing 84.5 grams, and 1 package containing 22 yellow pills marked with the “Minions” logo, weighing 8.7 grams.
The woman was reported after neighbors noticed unfamiliar people entering and exiting her apartment.
She will be charged under Article 114 of the 2009 Narcotics Law. (acr)
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Sri Mulyani declines position on Jokowi's campaign team
- Luxury brands chasing China's cash-rich millennials armed with family money
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games prostitute scandal 'slap in the face': Jakarta councilor