Student dies during 'sahur on the road event' in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A student was killed in a brawl during a “sahur [predawn meal] on the road” (SOTR) event in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Saturday.
Pedro Leonardo Permana, 18, bled to death after being stabbed in his back. The incident took place near SMP 19 state junior high school on Jl. Kerinci.
"Yes, there was an attack that caused one fatality," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono told the press on Saturday.
Alongside Pedro was another victim, Muhammad Biqi Fath, 19, who also received a stab wound to the back. He is currently receiving medical treatment at Pertamina Hospital in South Jakarta.
Pedro and Biqi were among students from SMA 29 state senior high school that took part in the SOTR event. They allegedly traveled from their school to Velbak and continued to Kemang, both in South Jakarta.
"They allegedly had contact with another SOTR group while they were in Kemang, but then decided to go on with their respective plans," Argo said.
"After disbursing meals to the less-fortunate on Jl. Kerinci, suddenly their group was attacked," he added.
The attackers arrived on at least 40 motorcycles and immediately fled the scene after the attack.
The police are currently hunting the perpetrators. Two people have reportedly been questioned. (vla/ahw)
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Sri Mulyani declines position on Jokowi's campaign team
- Luxury brands chasing China's cash-rich millennials armed with family money
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games prostitute scandal 'slap in the face': Jakarta councilor