Student dies during 'sahur on the road event' in South Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
A student was killed in a brawl during a “sahur [predawn meal] on the road” (SOTR) event in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, on Saturday.
Pedro Leonardo Permana, 18, bled to death after being stabbed in his back. The incident took place near SMP 19 state junior high school on Jl. Kerinci.
"Yes, there was an attack that caused one fatality," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono told the press on Saturday.
Alongside Pedro was another victim, Muhammad Biqi Fath, 19, who also received a stab wound to the back. He is currently receiving medical treatment at Pertamina Hospital in South Jakarta.
Pedro and Biqi were among students from SMA 29 state senior high school that took part in the SOTR event. They allegedly traveled from their school to Velbak and continued to Kemang, both in South Jakarta.
"They allegedly had contact with another SOTR group while they were in Kemang, but then decided to go on with their respective plans," Argo said.
"After disbursing meals to the less-fortunate on Jl. Kerinci, suddenly their group was attacked," he added.
The attackers arrived on at least 40 motorcycles and immediately fled the scene after the attack.
The police are currently hunting the perpetrators. Two people have reportedly been questioned. (vla/ahw)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing