10 kg of meth found on boat at Jakarta port
The Jakarta Post
Almost 10 kilograms of sabu-sabu (crystal methamphetamine) were found hidden in the sound system tube of a public transport boat at Muara Baru port in North Jakarta on Sunday night.
The drugs were transported overland from Aceh to Palembang in South Sumatra and then to Jakarta by boat. “The final destination was Surabaya [in East Java],” said National Narcotics Agency (BNN) drug control head Insp. Gen. Arman Depari on Monday night.
Arman said four men have been arrested.
They were identified as Kendek who alleged transported the sabu-sabu from Palembang to Jakarta, Ahmad Badroni and Mulyadi who were allegedly supposed to take the drugs from Jakarta to Surabaya and Alimudin who allegedly acted as the controller.
The BNN seized several items aside from the drugs, including a car, an ID card and several mobile phones. (acr)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world