10 kg of meth found on boat at Jakarta port
The Jakarta Post
Almost 10 kilograms of sabu-sabu (crystal methamphetamine) were found hidden in the sound system tube of a public transport boat at Muara Baru port in North Jakarta on Sunday night.
The drugs were transported overland from Aceh to Palembang in South Sumatra and then to Jakarta by boat. “The final destination was Surabaya [in East Java],” said National Narcotics Agency (BNN) drug control head Insp. Gen. Arman Depari on Monday night.
Arman said four men have been arrested.
They were identified as Kendek who alleged transported the sabu-sabu from Palembang to Jakarta, Ahmad Badroni and Mulyadi who were allegedly supposed to take the drugs from Jakarta to Surabaya and Alimudin who allegedly acted as the controller.
The BNN seized several items aside from the drugs, including a car, an ID card and several mobile phones. (acr)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal