10 kg of meth found on boat at Jakarta port
The Jakarta Post
Almost 10 kilograms of sabu-sabu (crystal methamphetamine) were found hidden in the sound system tube of a public transport boat at Muara Baru port in North Jakarta on Sunday night.
The drugs were transported overland from Aceh to Palembang in South Sumatra and then to Jakarta by boat. “The final destination was Surabaya [in East Java],” said National Narcotics Agency (BNN) drug control head Insp. Gen. Arman Depari on Monday night.
Arman said four men have been arrested.
They were identified as Kendek who alleged transported the sabu-sabu from Palembang to Jakarta, Ahmad Badroni and Mulyadi who were allegedly supposed to take the drugs from Jakarta to Surabaya and Alimudin who allegedly acted as the controller.
The BNN seized several items aside from the drugs, including a car, an ID card and several mobile phones. (acr)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow