Asian Games tickets up for grabs starting end of month
The Jakarta Post
The 18th Asian Games organizers announced Monday that tickets for the quadrennial sporting event in Jakarta and Palembang would be available for online purchase starting on June 30.
Ticket purchases can be made via the Games official website, asiangames2018.id, and will be handled by Kios Tix ticketing management system. Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer, internet banking as well as cash via the Alfamart mini market network.
Alternately, tickets can be purchased directly at selected counters and pop-up merchandise stores for the Asian Games in a number of shopping malls in Jakarta as well as in Palembang. During the Games, there will also be box offices at the venues.
The organizers have yet to decide on the pricing and sales target, but they are certain they will sell at least one million tickets.
“We’re in ongoing discussions about the ticket pricing for public purchase. Basically, ticketing will be divided into four categories, each of them has a different price tag and benefit.
“We’re being very careful about the price because we don’t want to burden the public,” said Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) chief Erick Thohir in a statement on Monday.
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning