Asian Games tickets up for grabs starting end of month
The Jakarta Post
The 18th Asian Games organizers announced Monday that tickets for the quadrennial sporting event in Jakarta and Palembang would be available for online purchase starting on June 30.
Ticket purchases can be made via the Games official website, asiangames2018.id, and will be handled by Kios Tix ticketing management system. Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer, internet banking as well as cash via the Alfamart mini market network.
Alternately, tickets can be purchased directly at selected counters and pop-up merchandise stores for the Asian Games in a number of shopping malls in Jakarta as well as in Palembang. During the Games, there will also be box offices at the venues.
The organizers have yet to decide on the pricing and sales target, but they are certain they will sell at least one million tickets.
“We’re in ongoing discussions about the ticket pricing for public purchase. Basically, ticketing will be divided into four categories, each of them has a different price tag and benefit.
“We’re being very careful about the price because we don’t want to burden the public,” said Indonesian Asian Games Organizing Committee (INASGOC) chief Erick Thohir in a statement on Monday.
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- For the sake of integrity
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport